Research in the fields of positive psychology, mindfulness and emotional intelligence indicate that it is possible to increase the happiness and contentment that we feel in our lives. Dr. Dan DeWitt has meditation, mindfulness and hypnosis audio exercises on SoundCloud for you to listen – https://soundcloud.om/drdandewitt.
You can find many videos on these subjects at TedTalks, Talks at Google and You Tube from authors such as Jon Kabat-Zinn on Mindfulness, Martin Seligman on Positive Psychology, Dan Gilbert on Happiness and Google’s “jolly good fellow” Chade-Ming Tan whose book “Search Inside Yourself” has been a best-seller.
- The Authentic Happiness website based on the work of psychologist Martin Seligman is a wonderful resource for anyone interested in positive psychology and well-being. You will find inventories, reading material and videos on the significant research that Dr. Seligman and his associates have undertaken over the past thirty years.
- An early proponent of mindfulness is psychologist Jon Kabat-Zinn who describes meditation and mindfulness in this video Jon Kabat-Zinn – Life is right now – On Mindfulness.
- New York Times reporter David Geles Google NYC on Mindful Work.
- Sharon Salzberg’s presentation for Talks at Google on Compassion – Finding Real Happiness at Work Meditations for Happiness, Achievement and Peace.
- How to Meditate by Sharon Salzberg is a good introduction for people interested in learning how to meditate.
- The Surprising Science of Happiness by Professor Dan Gilbert at TedTalks is a fascinating talk about what and what does not make us happy.
- Everyday Compassion at Google by Chade-Ming Tan at TedTalks is a great example of how to apply these ideas in the work setting.
- Correspondent and journalist Dan Harris discusses meditation and mindfulness from his book “10% Happier“.
If you are interested in learning more about mindfulness or have individual training, please contact our office at 847-382-5688.